Autumn is definitely here now as the temperature shows. To keep yourself in high spirits during this cold season, why not treat yourself to my top ten Fairtrade autumn must-haves:
1. A cup of tea can keep you warm and get you ready for your day. Major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose, M&S and The Co-operative now all sell Fairtrade tea. Or try Clipper Teas who are the UK’s number one Fairtrade tea company.
2. If you’re not a tea fan, why not enjoy some Fairtrade coffee. Treat yourself to a Starbucks who are one of the largest purchasers of Fairtrade certified coffee in the world. Or visit CafeDirect, the leading Fairtrade hot drinks brand in the UK.
3. In need of a snack and pick me up? Indulge in some Fairtrade chocolate. Eat some Cadbury Dairy Milk who were the first mainstream chocolate brand to become Fairtrade certified. Or taste some Divine chocolate which is the only mainstream chocolate company 44% owned by the farmers who supply its cocoa.
4. Relax in the bath and pamper yourself with Fairtrade beauty products: Lush Cometics and Boots Extracts provide a range of indulgent collections to spoil yourself.
5. Wrap up warm in a luxury Fairtrade scarf. Take a look at People Tree and their selection of 100% Fairtrade certified cotton clothing.
6. Treat yourself to a glass of wine at the end of a stressful week. Fairtrade wine can be purchased at a number of supermarkets including: Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, M&S and The Co-operative.
7. Brighten up the house with a bunch of Fairtrade flowers. Order some from services such as: Interflora and Eflorist who are proud to offer ethically grown flowers.
8. Watch a film with a tub of your favourite icecream. Ben & Jerry’s offers great tasting Fairtrade icecream.
9. Sprinkle some sweetness in your drinks or on tasty desserts with Fairtrade sugar.Tate and Lyle or Steenbergs offer a range of sugars for you to try.
10. Stay healthy and get your vitamins by eating some fruit. Fairtrade bananas can be bought at Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and The Co-operative.
Try out some of these Fairtrade products which are sure to help you through the Autumn months! To find out more about Fairtrade products and Fairtrade in general visit their website.
by student blogger, Natalie Blower